Monday 17 June 2013

Mori Tower

So, after my first meeting with Japan Tourist I ventured out into Roppongi, renowned for its day time business and night time party culture. However this post is devoid of both of those elements, sorry! I went to Mori tower in Roppogi hills to check out the Tokyo City View and visit the Mori art museum, both of which are spectacular and well worth the 1500 yen to get in. I was fairly early in arriving, around 11am, so the 52nd floor was practically empty! Though the weather wasn't at it's best, the view was still astounding. I plan to visit the Tokyo sky tree at dusk on a sunny day to catch a glimpse of mt fuji on the horizon. 






 
The gallery is of course very photo unfriendly but there was one piece in the 'all you need is love' exhibition by Kasuma Yayoi entitled 'love is calling' which wasn't so photo shy, and thank god for that, because its pretty hard to describe it's awesomeness in words.

 I was really blown away by this exhibition in general with work ranging from Frida Khalo and Salvador Dhali to Asada Masashi and Nan Goldin.


Though these tentacles don't half remind me of the rather dark side of Japanese culture.... *cough cough* 

No comments:

Post a Comment