Monday 17 June 2013

Meiji Jingu






So, on my first free day (vaguely free of jet lag anyway) I headed up to Harajuku. My body still isn't on the right time yet, so I ended up arriving very early on a rainy Sunday morning, like the rest of the world, Tokyo is a little sleepy come sunday mornings, Harajuku didn't pick up till about midday at which point I was a hot mess from the humid weather!

I didn't get any snaps of Harajuku, though I did see my first 70ish ojiisan in full florescent pink tutu and body suit. Oh Tokyo...

However I did get my tourist on going down to Meiji Jingu, the gorgeous shinto shrine. It seems impossible that you can come from girls in 7 inch platform heels and gogo shorts munching on crepes to a tranquil woods in just minutes.





The shrine is lovely with iris gardens in bloom nearby, decorated sake barrels, and the wooden ema with wishes written on them. Even on a weekend it wasn't overly busy, but waiting for a clear shot of the temple itself is practically impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment