Friday 22 March 2013

Shanghai

So in December I spent my winter break from Sheffield University a little more productively than I had expected to. Instead I took the time to travel to China and Study at Fudan University, Shanghai for three weeks on the Study China Program. I was incredibly lucky to be accepted onto this program and really enjoyed it.
 Though it is a little late I finally have some photo's up, due to a replacement laptop, lacking CD drive and Photo software it's been  struggle to get these photo's together. But excuses excuses I've finally done it. So I'm going to share a few photo's and experiences from china.

 This is the pretty spectacular view from my bedroom window at the Tohee International Student Village. The light pollution in Shanghai impressive as this is pretty late at night and Tohee is a far stretch from The Bund, It really felt like living in the future. On the rare clear night you can even make out the famous pearl tower, who needs the Peace Garden Hotel!? Unfortunately this is pretty much the only thing I got to see on my first day in Shanghai, well apart from some death defying driving by my awesome taxi driver. I was a late arrival, got into Shanghai about 9 am, missed my opening ceremony, got to my apartment and then straight to class. Needless to say I passed out about 5pm with skull crushing jet-lag and a stomach full of noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment