Friday 22 March 2013

Nanjing Lu

 These Few shots are from my first night out exploring! After a day of interesting Language classes, I headed out to see the famous Bund!


This is it, Nanjing Lu, one of the longest streets in Shanghai, and this little portion is on the walk towards The Bund. Crammed with neon signs, enormous department stores, side allies full of street food, rollerblading salesmen and thousands of people this is the epitome of Tourist Shanghai.
One of Shanghai's most impressive department stores in the new world emporium, crammed with everything and anything you could ever want. Shanghai was far more commercial than I ever could of imagined, I new it was a cultural capital and a modern city but this is the most modern and forward looking city I have ever seen. Oxford street has absolutely nothing on this!
Here's Bruce looking pleasantly bemused by the bright lights and Chinese tourists taking photo's of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment